I’m a vivacious, high-energy, professional trainer, coach, and team-building consultant.
Through my training/coaching/consulting practice, I help countless individuals, teams, and organizations build more trusting relationships through strengths-based, compassionate, and empathic communication tools. My clients frequently move from a place of distrust among team members, where deficit-based language is used, to a more open, safer culture that honors mutual respect and collaboration. The results are profound: higher job satisfaction; increased trust between leadership and staff; and more productive and joy-filled workplaces all-around.
Some Off-the-Beaten-Path Facts About Me
- I married my college sweetheart, who I met on move-in day in the dorms of my freshman year. Still love him to pieces. 20+ years strong.
- I am known for my belly-jiggling, thunderous laughter. My sister has the same laugh. When we’re together people comment, “it’s in stereo!”
- I have struggled with anxiety and mild depression on-and-off since I was 8. I now have a great tool box FULL of little gadgets that help me keep it all under control, and I love sharing those with my clients.
- I was the President of my 4H Club and won a blue ribbon in Mosaics at the IL State Fair when I was 10.
- I was the Homecoming Queen at my high school in 1989. It was a Sally Field moment for sure, “You like me, you really like me!”
- I hiked to the top of Mt Evans in the front range of the Colorado Rockies. 14,264 feet at its peak. The majesty of it all was overwhelming and deeply moving.
- I birthed a baby girl—the twinkle-toes-love-of-my-life.
- I’ve fished and caught piranha off the side of a canoe in the Amazon River…and then ate it. (It was good!)
- I dream of owning a flat in Barcelona. Some leave their hearts in San Francisco; I left mine in Spain.
- I am a freak for kettle cooked potato chips, milk chocolate, and strong espresso. And I am learning to really love dark, leafy greens, too!
- I own six pairs of Birkenstocks. Like Cliff Claven from Cheers, I adhere to the philosophy that the secret to life is comfortable shoes.
- I have a secret weapon in this life: four strong, solid, female BFFs that always got my back. Without them, I wouldn’t be nearly as resilient, patient, and successful as I am.
- I love singing out loud in my car to songs by Madonna, Adele, and Emmylou Harris. Just to name a few. And even better is when my daughter sings along with me!
- I practice yoga and meditation, which I consider to be my “religion.”
- I believe in the power of love.