I’m a vivacious, high-energy, professional trainer, coach, and team-building consultant.
Through my training/coaching/consulting practice, I help countless individuals, teams, and organizations build more trusting relationships through strengths-based, compassionate, and empathic communication tools. My clients frequently move from a place of distrust among team members, where deficit-based language is used, to a more open, safer culture that honors mutual respect and collaboration. The results are profound: higher job satisfaction; increased trust between leadership and staff; and more productive and joy-filled workplaces all-around.
About Chariti Gent
Chariti is Founder and President of Chariti Gent Coaching and Consulting, a firm dedicated to creating a more compassionate and empathic workplace and world. Over the last two decades, Chariti has worked with hundreds of clients within government, academia, non-profits, and the private sector to enhance trust, communication, and relationships within and among teams. Prior to launching her coaching and consulting business, Chariti was an internal corporate coach and trainer for a large, international franchise system, as well as a policy analyst at both the state and federal government levels. Her background includes PhD studies in Political Science and Public Policy, in addition to BA degrees in both Political Science and Sociology from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and a Master of Arts from the University of Colorado-Boulder, where she was a scholar of the American Political System and Public Policy.
Some Off-the-Beaten-Path Facts About Me:
- I married my college sweetheart, who I met on move-in day in the dorms of my freshman year. Still love him to pieces. 20+ years strong.
- I am known for my belly-jiggling, thunderous laughter. My sister has the same laugh. When we’re together people comment, “it’s in stereo!”
- I have struggled with anxiety and mild depression on-and-off since I was 8. I now have a great tool box FULL of little gadgets that help me keep it all under control, and I love sharing those with my clients.
- I was the President of my 4H Club and won a blue ribbon in Mosaics at the IL State Fair when I was 10.
- I was the Homecoming Queen at my high school in 1989. It was a Sally Field moment for sure, “You like me, you really like me!”
- I hiked to the top of Mt Evans in the front range of the Colorado Rockies. 14,264 feet at its peak. The majesty of it all was overwhelming and deeply moving.
- I birthed a baby girl—the twinkle-toes-love-of-my-life.
- I’ve fished and caught piranha off the side of a canoe in the Amazon River…and then ate it. (It was good!)
- I dream of owning a flat in Barcelona. Some leave their hearts in San Francisco; I left mine in Spain.
- I am a freak for kettle cooked potato chips, milk chocolate, and strong espresso. And I am learning to really love dark, leafy greens, too!
- I own six pairs of Birkenstocks. Like Cliff Claven from Cheers, I adhere to the philosophy that the secret to life is comfortable shoes.
- I have a secret weapon in this life: four strong, solid, female BFFs that always got my back. Without them, I wouldn’t be nearly as resilient, patient, and successful as I am.
- I love singing out loud in my car to songs by Madonna, Adele, and Emmylou Harris. Just to name a few. And even better is when my daughter sings along with me!
- I practice yoga and meditation, which I consider to be my “religion.”
- I believe in the power of love.